The Cow bka Dairy Fresh

I just felt that it was totally time for a FOOD-related post!! I am always saddened by the end of summer b/c it means the close (for the season) of places like Rita's Italian Ice and more importantly Dairy Fresh. I think that Rita's is a wonderful place, but since I have discovered Dairy Fresh, I just don't love Rita's as much! So, tonight will be one of my "final trips"--even though they probably won't close for another month (they stay open longer because they are the GREATEST!) But it just makes me sad to know that soon I won't be able to ride all the way up Reisterstown Road, eventually changing to Main Street (it makes the change in Reisterstown) to get my good ole gelati! Did I mention that I live in (basically) upper Park Heights (in Baltimore city, just in case my blog has gone national or international! Hey, I'm funny! It COULD happen!) and I make the drive to Reisterstown (about 25 or so minutes) whenever the urge hits me to get a gelati (chocolate ice w/vanilla frozen custard, or my NEW thing, chocolate AND peanut butter ice with vanilla custard! Ty, YES!) or a Concrete! (custard mixed with a topping, like nuts or something!) And the sad part is that I have friends who live in that area and sometimes (shh! don't tell them) I will go and get something from Dairy Fresh and NOT stop by to visit with them! Call it greedy if you want. I just say that I'm "very good to myself" as my friend Karyn once said!

PS They recently changed the name of Dairy Fresh to "The Cow" but I completely HATE that name! I just can't bring myself to say "who wants something from the Cow" or when someone asks where I'm going to get a gelati from, I don't see me saying "I'm getting it from the Cow!" What?

Comments

Ms_Kenesha said…
How come I didn't know you had a blog. Am I still your friend am I not a part of your life anymore....LOL! J/K now you know I gotta hook you up on my cool blogs list!
Tonyette said…
I think I left a VERY similar message on one of your THREE blogs!! Love ya babe!
Ms_Kenesha said…
Why instead of custard I read it as mustard...I was like ewww why would you want chocolate mixed with mustard! LOL! READING IS FUNDAMENTAL!

Popular posts from this blog

My love letter!

I'm so thankful!!!!!!!!!!

Adventures in Mom-ing (1st post)